Sunday, March 7, 2010

Applebee's ordered a girl.

I was at Applebees recently and as my waitress took my order, the person sitting across from me said, 'Aren't you going to eat more than that? You're eating for two!" The waitress stops everything and says, "My son is 7 months old and I hate going to work everyday! The first few months are horrible but after that, you'll love it." She then asks what I'm having. I say, I don't know, what do you think? She  then ordered me to stand at baby attention in the middle of the resturant so  she could pull my dress tight and fully examine the bump. As my table is cracking up at my misfortune, she starts calling over other employees to get their baby opinion. Survey says, 3 out of 5 Applebee's staffers think I'm having a girl. PS - saying "wow, you're pretty round" does not increase your tip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candy, I have a friend that is having a scheduled c-section next week, her second child. They took their 4 year old with them to get a 3-D sonogram and when the technician asked him what he was going to name his baby brother, the 4 year old told her, Colton, and the tech. wouldn't stop talking about how bad that name was and how she would never put such a name on a baby. I would so have her on the unemployement list. Who did she think she was. After that the 4 year old told his parents he wanted to change the baby's name so we are looking foward to welcoming baby Eli next week.
We miss you in Charlotte but are glad you are near family to enjoy this bundle of Joy!